javascript hit counter

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mile Stones!

Yesterday was the 100th day of my diet. I completely missed that while I was locked out of my house giving blood to save the lives of hungry insects all over the world.

So at 100 days I have lost 50 pounds. So if I could continue losing at this pace I will get to my goal of 200 lbs in another 100 days. That would put me at November 3rd of this year. I can live with that. Of course, I don't plan to continue losing at this pace. Most of that weight was lost early on in the diet and was probably water weight. But I do continue to lose and I do continue to change my life for the better.

100 days ago, I would spend probably 70 hours a week in front of a computer. 40 hours at work and another 30 at home playing internet poker, while I drank a few beers and ate a few chips.

Today I still spend the majority of my work day in front to the screen but I have cut down on my computer usage outside of work and try to make sure that I get my exercise in every night. I do have slips and I do have falls along the way. I have been known to get drunk and eat a whole large pizza. I will skip my workout. But I continue to improve and move towards being the healthy, fit person that I know I can be.

Running just seems to be the next step in this progression towards fitness. With money the way it is right now, I don't see myself joining a gym, or taking any classes. I just can't afford it. Running is cheap, all I need is a pair of shoes and a road. (Plus the occasional entry fee for a race, and I hope lots of them actually.)

I will be racing my first 5k this fall. I will finish in under 30 minutes. I will also get to my goal weight by April 18th, 2007. That is not my goal date but will be the one year anniversary of the start of this diet. I plan to reach 200 sometime around the new Year and I will be extremely happy if I can maintain it through next Easter.

Now on with the food log that you came here for -

Breakfast:
Granola Bar: 140 C.
Low Sugar Instant Oatmeal: 120 C.

Snack:
Crackers: 140 C.

Lunch:
Turkey Pita: 150 C.
Pretzels: 120 C.
Cheese Twist: 60 C.

Snack:
Cheese Crackers: 130 C.

Dinner:
Salad: 50 C.
Lasagna: 690 C.
Bread and Butter: 70 C.

Snack:
Pepsi: 150 C.
Pretzels: 70 C.

Total: 1890 Calories

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home