javascript hit counter

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Oklahomer

Oklahoma was a good experience for me and the first time I have gone on a real business trip for the company. I learned a few things.

1. Things never go as expected.
2. It is impossible to go on a business trip and keep your eating under control.


I would estimate 3500 calories for both Tuesday and Wednesday. I gained two pounds, but I assume that some of that is just the extra intake not being excreted yet. Should level back out in a few days.

But this was definitely a lesson. In order to change my ways completely I need to develop a strategy for eating out. Back on it today. I will post today's intake as normal later tonight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My strategy when dieting on the road was to keep it simple - no calorie counting or measuring. I'm just in "maintenance" mode until I get home. If the hotel has a buffet breakfast, stick to protein and have a modest size of scrambled eggs with a slice of toast - NO PASTRIES! Lunch is definitely a salad, usually a chicken caesar. Dinner, if alone is also a salad or soup/sandwich deal.

If I'm with others at a nicer restaurant, I order A drink and just sip a little, then order a small cut of beef or chicken and skip the dessert. I hate to be the guy that everyone knows is dieting, so I just don't mention it and act like "That Chicken Caesar I had for lunch really filled me up!".

10:57 AM  
Blogger Fat Dan said...

Part of the problem was the choice of restaurants. We went to a japanese steak house for dinner, which makes ti very hard to order anything other than grilled meat.

12:39 PM  
Blogger iamhoff said...

Anytime you're on the road it's difficult, and when you're with others it is that much worse. BSN's right, it is hard to be known as the fat guy on a diet. Avoid the pastries as much as possible. People seem to accept salads, especially if they have some meat on them (i.e. chicken caesar), so wherever possible go that route. At the steakhouse, just go with whatever the leanest cut is, or if it's a Benihana's type experience go with a seafood option. Good luck.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home